We gave the much talked about ‘Moroccan Nights’ (15%) a whirl and gave this spray tan 5 out of 5.
However, there are a few points you should take note of before settling your sights on this product.
- What kind of clients it suits
- Colour guide
Eeek! Seriously scary dark colour guide!
What makes this product stand out?
The solution has DermalLock technology in it, ensuring a protective barrier is kept on your skin for longer, allowing key ingredients to properly absorb into your skin for a deeper, even glow.
From taking a look at the Moroccan tan blog, we couldn’t wait to buy a bottle of Moroccan Night’s 15% solution to trial. Enriched with Argan oil, the company that produces this brand believes this oil restores skin moisture, resulting in a perfect, long-lasting spray tan. With rose-hip oil added and absolutely no alcohol in the ingredients list, this spray tan claims to be completely anti-drying which is necessary for a long-lasting tan.
Firming and toning technology
As if getting a spray tan didn’t boost your confidence enough, this bronzer has caffeine, vitamins and O2 added to it achieving firmer, younger skin.
After spraying this tan on, we noticed it was different from most brands. Firstly, the mist was very dry which we thought was fantastic for client drying time. Secondly, it was a completely different tone from any other colour guide we had seen before. The colour guide is a deep ashy brown due to the violet bronzers added to the solution. We gathered that much like violet hair toners that neutralise brassy, orange hair, this tan worked the same way by using purple to eliminate all orange hues from the skin. St. Tropez spray tan has an olive undertone and Vita Liberata has a caramel tone.
How dark is it?
The uber-dark colour guide is fantastic for maintaining attention to detail during the application, however, the guide colour is so dark you may find it embarrassing to leave the salon! Or for your clients that love it dark, even though the final results are amazing, it’s a bit disappointing to wash the guide off and be left with a lighter colour.
What most of us Glasgow girls want to know, how dark am I going to be? The Moroccan Nights tan is only suitable for girls who want to be dark, so stay clear if you only want a light to medium colour. We love how dark this is, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea!
Not a hint of biscuit was smelled during application and after the development time was over. We reckon it is a honey scent in this tan, which is definitely a good mood lifter!
- Perfect for people who like a deep, brown tan
- Gorgeous colour and absolutely no orange tones
- Dry mist ensures clients can dress quicker
- Colour lock technology ensures your tan is protected during development time
- Refreshing scent
Feedback from clients
There are so many great things about this tanning brand, but there are a few things our clients said could have been better.
- The colour guide is quite dark – If you like being dark (which you obviously do if you want this tan) then you will have no problem leaving the salon as it looks natural, but do expect to leave looking dark.
- Only suitable for clients with few blemishes – Some clients who wanted to try it felt that the colour made their blemishes stand out too much.
Advice for using this tan
- Wear dark, loose clothing as the colour guide is dark
- Preparation is essential for this type of tan because it is so dark
- Moisturise daily with a non-oily cream