Please note that this policy applies only to the Tropicoco website and not to the websites of other organisations to which we may provide links. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such third-party sites and you should make your own enquiries in respect of them.
What information may be collected?
When you visit our website, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) will automatically be logged by our web server. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you may use or the site from which you linked to from our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service.
If you register, we will collect information such as your name, email address, post code and contact landline and mobile number or other details which you may voluntarily provide.
How is the information used?
We will use your personal information for basic profiling purposes and to let you know about other goods and services in which you may be interested. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you will have an opportunity to opt in via a separate communication from Tropicoco as outlined in the act (GDPR). We will also use the information we collect to track and monitor the usage of our website and help us understand the patterns of site visitors. This will help us operate
the site more effectively, identify what sort of information is of interest to our Clients and assist us in
business processes such as record keeping.
If you register, we may also use your personal information to help control access to restricted
member areas of the website.
Will my personal information be provided to third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties but only in the circumstances set out
– We may supply your personal information to third parties (such as our internet service providers)
who help us administer our website. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Tropicoco and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Tropicoco Salon.
– We will supply your personal information to our hosting administrators who are based in the EU.
– We will supply your details to our selected third-party companies who will fulfil additional services for example payment services.
– We may also supply your personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies but only: if we are required to do so by the requirements of any applicable law; if in our good faith judgement, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process; to respond to any legal claims or actions; or to protect the rights of the Tropicoco, its customers and the public.
Will I be sent information that I did not ask for?
We will use your personal information to keep you informed about our services through a monthly email based newsletter and information about key promotions. Also, where appropriate you may receive email communications relevant to content on the website or to keep you informed of relevant changes to the service, this may also include planned outages and operational changes to the website. If you wish not to receive such communications, please unsubscribe to the monthly
newsletter displayed at the end of the email. If you have any queries regarding this issue please
contact us at the address below or, e-mail us at email@example.com
By using our website and accepting the GDPR consent message, you consent to third party vendors using cookies to serve ads based on your prior visits to the Tropicoco or other websites.
Chatroom, forums, profiles and Client Generated Content
Clients are reminded that chat rooms, forums and areas of our services that allow you to submit content or set up a profile are for public viewing and discussion. Any personal information supplied by Clients on these sites is widely accessible, Tropicoco is not responsible for the content posted of these services posted by Clients.
What security will exist?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data. We use appropriate standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information including a Secure Server (based in the EU) and network firewall connection. Operationally, access to personal information is restricted to authorised personnel who are under a duty to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
Internet and Data Storage
Personal information submitted by means of the Internet may be vulnerable to unauthorised access by third parties. Submission of personal information using the Internet is at your own risk. We will take reasonable and appropriate technical measures to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure manner. However, we shall have no liability for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or the fraudulent, negligent or other illegal acts of a third party, such as ‘hacking’.
Any transmission of personal information on or through the use of our website is at your own risk.
Transmission of Data Overseas
We will transfer your personal information to our website hosting administrators who are based in the EU. We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your prior consent and not without first having assessed the adequacy of protection for individual rights in respect of personal data available in that country. By continuing to use the website and/or register to use the services, you are confirming your consent for us to transmit your data within the EU only in the circumstances described above.
How can I access my personal information?
You have certain rights as a Data Subject under the Data Protection Act 1998 to request details an in certain circumstances a copy of the personal data which we hold about you. The law states that we may not charge for providing this information. If you would like a copy, please write to us at the address below and mark your envelope “Personal information request”.
Should you discover any inaccuracies in such personal data, please notify us as soon as possible by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Suite 3/340 St. Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4DH. We will then correct our records and notify any third parties to whom such personal data may have been supplied.
What other legal rights do I have in relation to the information that we hold about you?
• Right to access: You have the right to request access to your personal data held by us. Requests are to be made in writing, electronically and information will be provided in a commonly used electronic format. Requests will be handled within one month of receipt of the request, and free of charge with the exception of where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive we hold the right to charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/.
• Right to rectification: You have the right to have personal data rectified if inaccurate or incomplete. Where the personal data in question has been disclosed to a third party, they will be made aware of the rectification where possible. Requests are to be made in writing, electronically, and will be handled within one month of receipt of the request.
• Right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data in
the following circumstances:
o Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
o When you withdraw consent.
o When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
o The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
o The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
This does not provide an absolute “Right to be forgotten”. Where the personal data in question has been disclosed to a third party, we will inform them about the erasure of the personal data, unless it is impossible or involves disproportionate effort to do so. Personal data will be erased by removal from our internal and cloud servers.
• Right to restrict processing: You have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data if you contest its accuracy; have objected to the processing; processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. Where the personal data in question has been disclosed to a third party, we will inform them about the restriction on processing of the data, unless it is impossible or involves disproportionate effort to do so.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. Requests are to be made in writing, electronically, and will be handled within one month of receipt of the request.
• Right to object: You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. Requests will be dealt with by immediate effect
with no right for refusal.
You also have the right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
All requests will be dealt with in your own merit, and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation guidance.
Should a data breach occur, we have compliant procedures in place to investigate and report the matter to the Individual. In the event of a breach, it will be reported to you within 72 hours of discovery. A record of any breaches will be kept by the company. You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact Address” section below.
This website is owned and operated by:
40 ST. ENOCH SQUARE,