Welcome to our spray tan advice and tips page!
We look forward to seeing you in our spray tan studio.
Please give this a read before you come in for your spray tan, this way you will make the most of your spray tanning experience.
You can choose any colour in our salon from extra-light to extra dark. Depending on your skin-tone, it is advised that you ask your therapist what colour is best, for more information see list below. Our spray tans usually last over a week, so picking a lighter colour won’t mean that it will fade quicker.
Here are our recommendations if you need a bit of help deciding:
Fair skinned (Red hair or Blond): extra light, light or our light to medium mix
Olive skinned (Blonde or brunette): light to medium mix or medium
Tanned skin (Good Base Colour already): light to medium mix, medium, medium to dark mix
This is our advice, but you are welcome to any of the shades available.
How it works
You pick your shade, wait 9 hours for it to develop then you can wash it off. It can be left on longer than 9 hours and it wont get darker than the shade you have picked.
If you choose the “rapid” or “express” tan, then you wash it off depending on how dark you want to be. For example, 1 hour light, 2 hours medium, 3 hours + Dark. This type of tan will turn out the exact same as the 9 hour developing tan.
Preparing your skin for a spray tan is the single most important thing to do before your appointment. It allows the spray tan to last longer and it applies more evenly.
- To exfoliate your skin properly, ditch the loofa and sponge. The best way to exfoliate is 1-2 days prior to your spray tan after a 10-15 min bath (or a very long shower if you don’t have a bath) with a face cloth or ‘tan eraser’ mitt. Pay extra attention to your neck, knees, ankles, underarms and elbows.
Please do not have the following on your skin EVEN IF YOU PUT IT ON HOURS AGO:
These products will act as a barrier to the spray tan, meaning it will not absorb as well on those areas as the product is blocking it. Certain moisturisers and deodorants can go green even if you put it on hours ago.
Please DO NOT wear the following after your spray tan:
- Sports bras
- tight tops
- Please note that although certain clothing is loose, it may be hard to get on so test it before you arrive
These items will rub against your legs and body the entire journey home! It feels a lot better to put loose clothing on after your tan as your tan will not rub at all and will be absolutely even while it develops.
It is best to wear the following:
- baggy button up shirt
- over-sized t-shirt
- joggy bottoms
- maxi skirt
- Bringing your pajamas is better than nothing!
- Don’t feel embarrassed in the salon when you leave, most of our customers leave in PJ’s or joggies
- Bring an umbrella or good rain coat.
- Loose trainers, flip-flop thong sandals or ballet shoes area usually a good option.
What happens when I arrive for my appointment?
Once you’ve arrived at our Glasgow salon, you’ll be taken into our studio and your therapist will start your consultation. You’ll be asked if you have carried out the proper skin preparation (See below), if your skin has any dry areas and what shade you wish to achieve.
Your therapist will leave the room and allow you to change in private. A dressing gown and protection for your feet and hair will be provided and once you have put them on your therapist will come into the room.
Standing in the drying booth your therapist will tell you what positions to go into so the tan hits every area of your body. You will then stand in the booth for a few minutes and your tan will be dry enough so you can put your clothes back on comfortably and hit Glasgow’s shops without feeling sticky!
What is the “Rapid”, “Express”, or “1 Hour” Spray Tan?
- You can wash this tan off on the same day
- You will get more tanned as the hours pass and will be developed fully in 9 hours
- This tan is the same brand as our normal one and lasts just as well
1-2 hours for a light tan
2-3 hours for a medium tan
3-4 hours for a dark tan
Read more: Click here