If you are looking for the perfect, flawless tan for your wedding, look no further!
We pride ourselves on providing a no-streak, natural, non-orange tan. That will look perfect against your wedding dress and will give your skin a healthy glow.
We have a sunbed sollarium and offer a varied range of professional, luxury tanning brands such as Vita Liberata, Nouvatan and St. Tropez. Having a choice of brand allows brides flexibility to find the right tone and shade that works best with your natural complexion and hair/eye colouring.
For bridal tans we always recommend the most natural brands and shades. We would recommend Vita Liberata light or St. Tropez Original for a natural healthy glow.
When to book
For your big day we recommend booking your spray tan 2 days before the wedding, as you can sleep with the self-tan on for full development.
At Tropicoco we strongly recommend having a trial tan, this will give you some knowledge on the tans that we offer and give you the opportunity to find the perfect brand and shade for you. Trial spray tans should preferably be booked at least one month prior your wedding, we believe this to be as important as having a dress fitting, or a hair and make up trial!
If you have any doubts, feel free to email or phone us prior to booking, but we will always have a 1-1 consultation at your trial spray tan appointment. We advise that you have an idea of the colouring you would like to be, looking through bridal magazines may help you, or if you have an image of yourself when you are tanned, if you bring this image with you, it will help to give us an idea of what you’re looking for.
It is important that you are completely honest with your spray tan therapist, and give us a good idea of what shade your ideal tan is.
How to Prep
We have listed some tips below to read prior to having your bridal spray tan, this will help you to achieve the most natural results:
- Avoid using self tanning products for at least one week prior to your tanning appointment to ensure there is a fresh base. This will allow the tan to go on the skin as flawlessly. We stock the Tan Eraser in salon for £6.00 which is a great, effective way to remove false tan prior to your trial.
- Exfoliate 24 hours prior to your appointment and avoid exfoliating products on the day of the appointment.
- Complete hair removal 24 hours prior to the tan, again you do not want to be shaving/waxing on the day of the tan
- Avoid wearing perfume, make-up, deodorant and moisturiser on the day of your appointment to prevent any barriers to the tan. If you forget, please ensure you arrive 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, we will provide you with wipes to remove any products on the skin.
- If you are having any lash treatments completed i.e. lash lift or lash extensions please let us know so we can give you protective eye wear
Once your tan has developed you should have a shower in lukewarm water, avoid using soap on your body (it is fine to use under your arms) and pat dry when drying off. To pro-long your tan you should moisturise daily, ideally using an oil-free moisturiser, as oil can strip the tan. Another way to extend the life of your tan is by using a gradual self tan. We offer gradual self tan in the salon that you can purchase at your appointment.
Lastly, why not bring the groom, mother or bridesmaid along and take advantage of our 2 for £30 spray tan deal. This will allow you and your partner the chance to try different brands of tan.